This pestle and mortar set is crafted from raw granite, resulting in a very distinctive speckled grey appearance. The craftsmanship lends it a rustic air, but also means that its a very durable piece and will last a long time in your kitchen.
The pestle and mortar can be used to grind spices and herbs into a paste or powder. It can also be used for crushing nuts, berries or sea salts, smashing ginger or pounding garlic into a paste...the list goes on! The set comes in a printed kraft box, making for a great gift idea.
Dimensions: Height 8 x Diameter 13cm
Crafted in Granite
Not dishwasher safe, wash with warm water (no soap)
Before using your Pestle and Mortar, it's advised to follow the below steps. This process will clean out the stone dust that is left during manufacture:
1. Wash in clean water (without soap) and let it air dry
2. Grind a small handful of white rice. Discard and repeat until the rice grinds white
3. Add 4 cloves of garlic, mash and muddle
4. Add 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper and grind
5. Wash again in clean water, without soap and air dry