Quickcrop.co.uk is committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors to its website. This Privacy Notice aims to be transparent and helpful in setting out the way we collect, protect and use your personal data, and your rights to control it.
REASONS FOR COLLECTING & PROCESSING DATA
- To comply with our contractual obligations to fulfill your home delivery. For example, using your address details to deliver your purchase, including passing them to our courier.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you send enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data to keep you informed of Quickcrop product ranges, special, offers, discounts, promotions and to offer gardening tips and information by email. Once consent is given, you are free to opt out at any time.
- As part of our legitimate business interests we build a rich picture of our customers to understand them better, to offer the best customer service and inform our business decisions. To do this we use purchase history to send review requests, send relevant offers; and/or combine the anonymized shopping history of customers to identify trends that ensure we keep up with demand or develop new products/services.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- When you visit our website and use your account to buy products and services.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product by phone.
- When you sign up for an e-newsletter.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
WHAT SORT OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT
- Upon ordering: your name, billing/delivery address, order details, email and telephone number (used only in the event of a query) and password (if you create an account).
- Payment details – these are held in an encrypted format by our payment provider, so secure that even we cannot see them. We DO NOT therefore store any card details.
- Details of your interactions with us by phone and email
- Details of your visits to our website and which site you came from to ours.
- We also collect non-personal information on general website usage; how people arrive at and navigate the website, and how visitors use the pages offered. This information provides essential feedback for us showing the effectiveness of online marketing. This information is not directly correlated against individuals
- Your comments and product reviews.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
PROTECTING YOUR DATA
- We will always treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
- Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as payment card information) is secured by SSL encryption.
- We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
WHO DO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH
We share your personal data with trusted third parties only where absolutely necessary, for example:
- Your address details with our couriers to allow us to deliver your goods.
- Our secure payment provider.
Summary of the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
CONTROLLING YOUR DATA & CONSENT
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- At any time that we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
HOW YOU CAN STOP THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you.
- If you have an account, log in and visit the ‘My Account’ area and change your preferences.
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Write to us at: Customer Services, Quickcrop Ltd, Hollywood Estate, Hollywood Lane, Bristol BS107TW.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
FOR ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org